        Listen, children, to a father's instruction,
        and be attentive, that you may now insight;
        for I give you good precepts:
        do not forsake my teaching.
        When I was a son with my father,
        tender, and my mother's favorite,
        he taught me, and said to me,
        "Let your heart hold fast my words;
        keep my commandments, and live.
        Get wisdom; get insight: do not forget, nor turn away
        from the words of my mouth.
        Do not forsake her, and she will keep you;
        love her, and she will guard you.
        The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom,
        and whatever else you get, get insight.
        Prize her highly, and she will exalt you;
        she will honor you if you embrace her.
        She will place on your head a fair garland;
        she will bestow on you a beautiful crown."