Psalm 3

A Psalm of David, when he fled from his son Absalom.
        O LORD, how many are my foes!
        Many are rising against me;
        any are saying to me,
        "There is no help for you in God."
Selah

        But you, O LORD, are a shield around me,
        my glory, and the one who lifts up my head.
        I cry aloud to the LORD,
        and he answers me from his holy hill.
Selah

        I lie down and sleep;
        I wake again, for the LORD sustains me.
        I am not afraid of ten thousands of people
        who have set themselves against me all around.
        Rise up, O LORD!
        Deliver me, O my God!
        For you strike all my enemies on the cheek;
        you break the teeth of the wicked.
        Deliverance belongs to the LORD;
        may your blessing be on your people!
Selah