Micah 7:1-7

        Woe is me! For I have become like one who,
        after the summer fruit has been gathered,
        after the vintage has been gleaned,
        finds no cluster to eat;
        there is no first-ripe fig for which I hunger.
        The faithful have disappeared from the land,
        and there is no one left who is upright;
        they all lie in wait for blood,
        and they hunt each other with nets.
        Their hands are skilled to do evil;
        the official and the judge ask for a bribe,
        and the powerful dictate what they desire;
        thus they pervert justice.
        The best of them is like a brier,
        the most upright of them a thorn hedge.
        The day of their sentinels, of their punishment, has come;
        now their confusion is at hand.
        Put no trust in a friend,
        have no confidence in a loved one;
        guard the doors of your mouth
        from her who lies in your embrace;
        for the son treats the father with contempt,
        the daughter rises up against her mother,
        the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
        your enemies are members of your own household.
        But as for me, I will look to the LORD,
        I will wait for the God of my salvation;
        my God will hear me.