Amos 4:6-13

        I gave you cleanness of teeth in all your cities,
        and lack of bread in all your places,
        yet you did not return to me,
says the LORD.

        And I also withheld the rain from you
        when there were still three months to the harvest;
        I would send rain on one city,
        and send no rain on another city;
        one field would be rained upon,
        and the field on which it did not rain withered;
        so two or three towns wandered to one town
        to drink water, and were not satisfied;
        yet you did not return to me,
says the LORD.

        I struck you with blight and mildew;
        I laid waste your gardens and your vineyards;
        the locust devoured your fig trees and your olive trees;
        yet you did not return to me,
says the LORD.

        I sent among you a pestilence after the manner of Egypt;
        I killed your young men with the sword;
        I carried away your horses;
        and I made the stench of your camp go up into your nostrils;
        yet you did not return to me,
says the LORD.

        I overthrew some of you,
        as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah,
        and you were like a brand snatched from the fire;
        yet you did not return to me,
says the LORD.

        Therefore thus I will do to you, O Israel;
        because I will do this to you,
        prepare to meet your God, O Israel!

        For lo, the one who forms the mountains, creates the wind,
        reveals his thoughts to mortals,
        makes the morning darkness,
        and treads on the heights of the earth —
        the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!