The Conversion of St. Paul

Galatians 1:11-24

For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel that was
proclaimed by me is not of human origin; for I did not receive it from a
human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation
of Jesus Christ.

You have heard, no doubt, of my earlier life in Judaism.  I was violently
persecuting the church of God and was trying to destroy it.  I advanced in
Judaism beyond many among my people of the same age, for I was far more
zealous for the traditions of my ancestors.  But when God, who had set me
apart before I was born and called me through his grace, was pleased to
reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him among the Gentiles, I
did not confer with any human being, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those
who were already apostles before me, but I went away at once into Arabia,
and afterwards I returned to Damascus.

Then after three years I did go up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and stayed
with him fifteen days; but I did not see any other apostle except James
the Lord's brother.  In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not
lie!  Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia, and I was still
unknown by sight to the churches of Judea that are in Christ; they only
heard it said, "The one who formerly was persecuting us is now proclaiming
the faith he once tried to destroy."  And they glorified God because of
me.