Psalm 12

        Help, O LORD, for there is no longer anyone who is godly;
        the faithful have disappeared from humankind.
        They utter lies to each other;
        with flattering lips and a double heart they speak.
        May the LORD cut off all flattering lips,
        the tongue that makes great boasts,
        those who say, "With our tongues we will prevail;
        our lips are our own - who is our master?"
        "Because the poor are despoiled, because the needy groan,
        I will now rise up," says the LORD;
        "I will place them in the safety for which they long."
        The promises of the LORD are promises that are pure,
        silver refined in a furnace on the ground,
        purified seven times.
        You, O LORD, will protect us;
        you will guard us from this generation forever.
        On every side the wicked prowl,
        as vileness is exalted among humankind.