Acts 24:10-23

When the governor motioned to him to speak, Paul replied:

"I cheerfully make my defense, knowing that for many years you have been a
judge over this nation.  As you can find out, it is not more than twelve
days since I went up to worship in Jerusalem.  They did not find me
disputing with anyone in the temple or stirring up a crowd either in the
synagogues or throughout the city.  Neither can they prove to you the
charge that they now bring against me.  But this I admit to you, that
according to the Way, which they call a sect, I worship the God of our
ancestors, believing everything laid down according to the law or written
in the prophets.  I have a hope in God -- a hope that they themselves also
accept -- that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the
unrighteous.  Therefore I do my best always to have a clear conscience
toward God and all people.  Now after some years I came to bring alms to
my nation and to offer sacrifices.  While I was doing this, they found me
in the temple, completing the rite of purification, without any crowd or
disturbance.  But there were some Jews from Asia -- they ought to be here
before you to make an accusation, if they have anything against me.  Or
let these men here tell what crime they had found when I stood before the
council,  unless it was this one sentence that I called out while standing
before them, 'It is about the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial
before you today.'"

But Felix, who was rather well informed about the Way, adjourned the
hearing with the comment, "When Lysias the tribune comes down, I will
decide your case."  Then he ordered the centurion to keep him in custody,
but to let him have some liberty and not to prevent any of his friends
from taking care of his needs.