1 Kings 8:10-13, 22-30

And when the priests came out of the holy place, a cloud filled the house
of the LORD, so that the priests could not stand to minister because of
the cloud; for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.

Then Solomon said,
"The LORD has said that he would dwell in thick darkness.

I have built you an exalted house,
a place for you to dwell in forever."

Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the
assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands to heaven.  He said, "O LORD,
God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth
beneath, keeping covenant and steadfast love for your servants who walk
before you with all their heart, the covenant that you kept for your
servant my father David as you declared to him; you promised with your
mouth and have this day fulfilled with your hand.  Therefore, O LORD, God
of Israel, keep for your servant my father David that which you promised
him, saying, 'There shall never fail you a successor before me to sit on
the throne of Israel, if only your children look to their way, to walk
before me as you have walked before me.'  Therefore, O God of Israel, let
your word be confirmed, which you promised to your servant my father
David.

"But will God indeed dwell on the earth?  Even heaven and the highest
heaven cannot contain you, much less this house that I have built!  Regard
your servant's prayer and his plea, O LORD my God, heeding the cry and the
prayer that your servant prays to you today; that your eyes may be open
night and day toward this house, the place of which you said, 'My name
shall be there,' that you may heed the prayer that your servant prays
toward this place.  Hear the plea of your servant and of your people
Israel when they pray toward this place; O hear in heaven your dwelling
place; heed and forgive.