St. Bartholomew, Apostle

John 1:32-51

And John testified, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove,
and it remained on him.  I myself did not know him, but the one who sent
me to baptize with water said to me, 'He on whom you see the Spirit
descend and remain is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'  And I
myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God."

The next day John again was standing with two of his disciples, and as he
watched Jesus walk by, he exclaimed, "Look, here is the Lamb of God!"  The
two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus.  When Jesus
turned and saw them following, he said to them, "What are you looking
for?"  They said to him, "Rabbi" (which translated means Teacher), "where
are you staying?"  He said to them, "Come and see."  They came and saw
where he was staying, and they remained with him that day.  It was about
four o'clock in the afternoon.  One of the two who heard John speak and
followed him was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.  He first found his
brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which is
translated Anointed).  He brought Simon to Jesus, who looked at him and
said, "You are Simon son of John.  You are to be called Cephas" (which is
translated Peter).

The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee.  He found Philip and said to
him, "Follow me."  Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and
Peter.  Philip found Nathanael and said to him, "We have found him about
whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus son of Joseph
from Nazareth."  Nathanael said to him, "Can anything good come out of
Nazareth?"  Philip said to him, "Come and see."  When Jesus saw Nathanael
coming toward him, he said of him, "Here is truly an Israelite in whom
there is no deceit!"  Nathanael asked him, "Where did you get to know me?"
Jesus answered, "I saw you under the fig tree before Philip called you."
Nathanael replied, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God!  You are the King of
Israel!"  Jesus answered, "Do you believe because I told you that I saw
you under the fig tree?  You will see greater things than these."  And he
said to him, "Very truly, I tell you, you will see heaven opened and the
angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."