Psalm 116:1-4, 12-19

I will call upon God

    I love the Lord, because he has heard
        my voice and my supplications.
     Because he inclined his ear to me,
        therefore I will call on him as long as I live.
     The snares of death encompassed me;
        the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;
        I suffered distress and anguish.
     Then I called on the name of the Lord:
        "O Lord, I pray, save my life!"  ...

    What shall I return to the Lord
        for all his bounty to me?
     I will lift up the cup of salvation
        and call on the name of the Lord,
     I will pay my vows to the Lord
        in the presence of all his people.
     Precious in the sight of the Lord
        is the death of his faithful ones.
     O Lord, I am your servant;
        I am your servant, the child of your serving girl.
        You have loosed my bonds.
     I will offer to you a thanksgiving sacrifice
        and call on the name of the Lord.
     I will pay my vows to the Lord
        in the presence of all his people,
     in the courts of the house of the Lord,
        in your midst, O Jerusalem.
    Praise the Lord!

-

ELCA's daily Bible readings are chosen from "Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings," prepared by Consultation on the Common Texts, © 2005. (Link to http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/item.asp?clsid=167977&isbn=0806649305)

All text is from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches USA, and is used by permission.  All rights reserved.  (Link to http://www.ncccusa.org)

Today's Bible Reading is also available for synchronization with your PDA  (Link to http://www.elca.org/pdafeeds)