Psalm 119:97-104

God's word like honey

    Oh, how I love your law!
        It is my meditation all day long.
     Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies,
        for it is always with me.
     I have more understanding than all my teachers,
        for your decrees are my meditation.
     I understand more than the aged,
        for I keep your precepts.
     I hold back my feet from every evil way,
        in order to keep your word.
     I do not turn away from your ordinances,
        for you have taught me.
     How sweet are your words to my taste,
        sweeter than honey to my mouth!
     Through your precepts I get understanding;
        therefore I hate every false way.

ELCA's daily Bible readings are chosen from "Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings," prepared by Consultation on the Common Texts, © 2005. (Link to http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/item.asp?clsid=167977&isbn=0806649305)

All text is from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches USA, and is used by permission.  All rights reserved.  (Link to http://www.ncccusa.org)

Today's Bible Reading is also available for synchronization with your PDA  (Link to http://www.elca.org/pdafeeds)