        O Lord, according to your word.
     Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
        for I believe in your commandments.
     Before I was humbled I went astray,
        but now I keep your word.
     You are good and do good;
        teach me your statutes.
     The arrogant smear me with lies,
        but with my whole heart I keep your precepts.
     Their hearts are fat and gross,
        but I delight in your law.
     It is good for me that I was humbled,
        so that I might learn your statutes.
     The law of your mouth is better to me
        than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

ELCA's daily Bible readings are chosen from "Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings," prepared by Consultation on the Common Texts, © 2005. (Link to http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/item.asp?clsid=167977&isbn=0806649305)

All text is from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches USA, and is used by permission.  All rights reserved.  (Link to http://www.ncccusa.org)

Today's Bible Reading is also available for synchronization with your PDA  (Link to http://www.elca.org/pdafeeds)