Psalm 57

Vindication from God

    Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
        for in you my soul takes refuge;
    in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge,
        until the destroying storms pass by.
     I cry to God Most High,
        to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
     He will send from heaven and save me,
        he will put to shame those who trample on me.
Selah
    God will send forth his steadfast love and his faithfulness.

     I lie down among lions
        that greedily devour human prey;
    their teeth are spears and arrows,
        their tongues sharp swords.
     Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.
        Let your glory be over all the earth.

     They set a net for my steps;
        my soul was bowed down.
    They dug a pit in my path,
        but they have fallen into it themselves.
Selah
     My heart is steadfast, O God,
        my heart is steadfast.
    I will sing and make melody.
         Awake, my soul!
    Awake, O harp and lyre!
        I will awake the dawn.
     I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
        I will sing praises to you among the nations.
     For your steadfast love is as high as the heavens;
        your faithfulness extends to the clouds.

     Be exalted, O God, above the heavens.
        Let your glory be over all the earth.

ELCA's daily Bible readings are chosen from "Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings," prepared by Consultation on the Common Texts, © 2005. (Link to http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/item.asp?clsid=167977&isbn=0806649305)

All text is from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches USA, and is used by permission.  All rights reserved.  (Link to http://www.ncccusa.org)

Today's Bible Reading is also available for synchronization with your PDA  (Link to http://www.elca.org/pdafeeds)