        to the voice of my supplications!

     If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
        Lord, who could stand?
     But there is forgiveness with you,
        so that you may be revered.

     I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
        and in his word I hope;
     my soul waits for the Lord
        more than those who watch for the morning,
        more than those who watch for the morning.

     O Israel, hope in the Lord!
        For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
        and with him is great power to redeem.
     It is he who will redeem Israel
        from all its iniquities.

ELCA's daily Bible readings are chosen from "Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings," prepared by Consultation on the Common Texts, © 2005. (Link to http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/item.asp?clsid=167977&isbn=0806649305)

All text is from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches USA, and is used by permission.  All rights reserved.  (Link to http://www.ncccusa.org)

Today's Bible Reading is also available for synchronization with your PDA  (Link to http://www.elca.org/pdafeeds)