Title: EASTER -- GOD'S WAKE-UP CALL

EASTER -- GOD'S WAKE-UP CALL

"Look, I have set before you an open door,
which no one is able to shut." (Revelation
3:8)

The Resurrection of Jesus is God's wake-up
call to this world.  It startles both
believers and doubters out of their old
humdrum ways.  Death is no longer the final
word.  There is more to come.  There is a
place for us in God's future.

When we place ourselves in the hands of the
living God, we discover that the empty tomb
is our own.  It has become an open door.

        Bishop H. George Anderson
        Evangelical Lutheran Church in America

For information contact: Ann Hafften, Dir.,
ELCA News Service, (312) 380-2058; Frank
Imhoff, Assoc. Dir., (312) 380-2955; Lia
Christiansen, Asst. Dir., (312) 380-2956