To: [log in to unmask]

1229 (of 1229) GIL FURST July 16, 1997 at 16:05 Eastern (1164 characters)

Re: #1227 from CRAIG BOEHLKE on July 15, 1997

Dear friends,

I am sorry about the mix-up in telephone numbers for the disaster relief
efforts in the upper Midwest.  Apparently a new telephone person did not
have all the information in order.

To volunteer your services, call

>   in Minnesota and North Dakota:  1-800-987-0061

>   in South Dakota:  1-800-568-7716 - ask for Jennifer Grosland, new
                        volunteer coordinator for the Watertown, SD, area

We're entering the rebuilding phase in MN and ND.  In SD, clean-up efforts
continue in the Watertown area, where several hundred homes have had flood
damage.

Your prayers, volunteer efforts, and donations are vital as the church
continues its loving response to the needs of the people of North and South
Dakota and Minnesota.

Please send your contributions to:

    ELCA Domestic Disaster Response
    PO Box 71764
    Chicago, IL  6069-1764

Thanks.
Gil Furst

GILBERT B. FURST (written on Wed, Jul 16, 1997, at  2:08 pm)
Associate Director, ELCA Domestic Disaster Response
Internet address: [log in to unmask]
For more information, click on our web site:  www.elca.org/dcs/disaster