Psalm 5

        Give ear to my words, O LORD;
        give heed to my sighing.
        Listen to the sound of my cry,
        my King and my God,
        for to you I pray.
        O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
        in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.
        For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
        evil will not sojourn with you.
        The boastful will not stand before your eyes;
        you hate all evildoers.
        You destroy those who speak lies;
        the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful.
        But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
        will enter your house,
        I will bow down toward your holy temple
        in awe of you.
        Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
        because of my enemies;
        make your way straight before me.
        For there is no truth in their mouths;
        their hearts are destruction;
        their throats are open graves;
        they flatter with their tongues.
        Make them bear their guilt, O God;
        let them fall by their own counsels;
        because of their many transgressions cast them out,
        for they have rebelled against you.
        But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
        let them ever sing for joy.
        Spread your protection over them,
        so that those who love your name may exult in you.
        For you bless the righteous, O LORD;
        you cover them with favor as with a shield.