Luke 14:15-24

One of the dinner guests, on hearing this, said to him, "Blessed is anyone
who will eat bread in the kingdom of God!"  Then Jesus said to him,
"Someone gave a great dinner and invited many.  At the time for the dinner
he sent his slave to say to those who had been invited, 'Come; for
everything is ready now.'  But they all alike began to make excuses.  The
first said to him, 'I have bought a piece of land, and I must go out and
see it; please accept my regrets.'  Another said, 'I have bought five yoke
of oxen, and I am going to try them out; please accept my regrets.'
Another said, 'I have just been married, and therefore I cannot come.'  So
the slave returned and reported this to his master.  Then the owner of the
house became angry and said to his slave, 'Go out at once into the streets
and lanes of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind, and
the lame.'  And the slave said, 'Sir, what you ordered has been done, and
there is still room.'  Then the master said to the slave, 'Go out into the
roads and lanes, and compel people to come in, so that my house may be
filled.  For I tell you, none of those who were invited will taste my
dinner.'"