Dear friends in Christ,

This will be a very brief update.  I'm heading to the airport in 10 minutes!

In my update from Houston last week I wrote:

"Please read this following section carefully.  You have heard me ask, even
plea, not to send material donations to the New York City area.  They are
inundated.  But the situation in Houston is very different.  I am requesting
the following specific items to be sent to Houston:

"BLANKETS AND QUILTS.  The nights are getting colder in Houston.  Many of
the affected homes, especially those of the elderly, have little or no
insulation.  You can help cover their shoulders with the warmth of God's
love.

"TEDDY BEARS and/or BEANIE BABIES.  As I mentioned, over 10,000 children
have been affected by this huge flood.  Parents will need help to provide
Christmas gifts for their children."

If you wish to provide some of these items, please send the
packages/shipments no later than December 7th to:

Lutheran Disaster Response
17211 North Freeway
Houston, Texas 77090

Thank you for reaching out to the people of Houston in this specific way.

Yours in Christ,
Gil Furst

Gilbert B. Furst  (Written on 11/07/01, at 9:23 AM)  Director for
  ELCA DOMESTIC DISASTER RESPONSE (Division for Church in Society) and
  LUTHERAN DISASTER RESPONSE (a cooperative ministry of the ELCA and LC-MS)
  8765 W. Higgins Rd., Chicago 60631  PHONE: 773-380-2822 FAX: 773-380-2493
Please visit our website:  www.elca.org/dcs/disaster