Song of Solomon 8:5-14

Who is that coming up from the wilderness,
        leaning upon her beloved?

        Under the apple tree I awakened you.
        There your mother was in labor with you;
        there she who bore you was in labor.
        Set me as a seal upon your heart,
        as a seal upon your arm;
        for love is strong as death,
        passion fierce as the grave.
        Its flashes are flashes of fire,
        a raging flame.
        Many waters cannot quench love,
        neither can floods drown it.
        If one offered for love
        all the wealth of one's house,
        it would be utterly scorned.
        We have a little sister,
        and she has no breasts.
        What shall we do for our sister,
        on the day when she is spoken for?
        If she is a wall,
        we will build upon her a battlement of silver;
        but if she is a door,
        we will enclose her with boards of cedar.
        I was a wall,
        and my breasts were like towers;
        then I was in his eyes
        as one who brings peace.
        Solomon had a vineyard at Baal-hamon;
        he entrusted the vineyard to keepers;
        each one was to bring for its fruit a thousand pieces of silver.
        My vineyard, my very own, is for myself;
        you, O Solomon, may have the thousand,
        and the keepers of the fruit two hundred!
        O you who dwell in the gardens,
        my companions are listening for your voice;
        let me hear it.
        Make haste, my beloved,
        and be like a gazelle
        or a young stag