Daniel 9:15-25a

"And now, O LORD our God, who brought your people out of the land of Egypt
with a mighty hand and made your name renowned even to this day — we have
sinned, we have done wickedly.  O LORD, in view of all your righteous
acts, let your anger and wrath, we pray, turn away from your city
Jerusalem, your holy mountain; because of our sins and the iniquities of
our ancestors, Jerusalem and your people have become a disgrace among all
our neighbors.  Now therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of your
servant and to his supplication, and for your own sake, Lord, let your
face shine upon your desolated sanctuary.  Incline your ear, O my God, and
hear.  Open your eyes and look at our desolation and the city that bears
your name.  We do not present our supplication before you on the ground of
our righteousness, but on the ground of your great mercies.  O LORD, hear;
O LORD, forgive; O LORD, listen and act and do not delay!  For your own
sake, O my God, because your city and your people bear your name!"

While I was speaking, and was praying and confessing my sin and the sin of
my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God on
behalf of the holy mountain of my God — while I was speaking in prayer,
the man Gabriel, whom I had seen before in a vision, came to me in swift
flight at the time of the evening sacrifice.  He came and said to me,
"Daniel, I have now come out to give you wisdom and understanding.  At the
beginning of your supplications a word went out, and I have come to
declare it, for you are greatly beloved.  So consider the word and
understand the vision:

"Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city: to finish
the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to
bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and
to anoint a most holy place.  Know therefore and understand: from the time
that the word went out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the time of
an anointed prince, there shall be seven weeks; and for sixty-two weeks it
shall be built again with streets and moat, but in a troubled time. After
the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have
nothing, and the troops of the prince who is to come shall destroy the
city and the sanctuary.