1 Thessalonians 2:13-20

We also constantly give thanks to God for this, that when you received the
word of God that you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word
but as what it really is, God's word, which is also at work in you
believers.  For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of the
churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you suffered the
same things from your own compatriots as they did from the Jews,  who
killed both the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out; they
displease God and oppose everyone by hindering us from speaking to the
Gentiles so that they may be saved.  Thus they have constantly been
filling up the measure of their sins; but God's wrath has overtaken them
at last.

As for us, brothers and sisters, when, for a short time, we were made
orphans by being separated from you — in person, not in heart we longed
with great eagerness to see you face to face.  For we wanted to come to
you — certainly I, Paul, wanted to again and again — but Satan blocked our
way.  For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord
Jesus at his coming?  Is it not you?  Yes, you are our glory and joy!