Psalm 62:5-12

For God alone my soul waits in silence,
        for my hope is from him.
     He alone is my rock and my salvation,
        my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
     On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
        my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.

     Trust in him at all times, O people;
        pour out your heart before him;
        God is a refuge for us.
Selah

     Those of low estate are but a breath,
        those of high estate are a delusion;
    in the balances they go up;
        they are together lighter than a breath.
     Put no confidence in extortion,
        and set no vain hopes on robbery;
        if riches increase, do not set your heart on them.

     Once God has spoken;
        twice have I heard this:
    that power belongs to God,
         and steadfast love belongs to you, O Lord.
    For you repay to all
        according to their work.

ELCA's daily Bible readings are chosen from "Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings," prepared by Consultation on the Common Texts, © 2005. (Link to http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/item.asp?clsid=167977&isbn=0806649305)

All text is from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches USA, and is used by permission.  All rights reserved.  (Link to http://www.ncccusa.org)

Today's Bible Reading is also available for synchronization with your PDA  (Link to http://www.elca.org/pdafeeds)