Psalm 17:1-9

Keep me as the apple of your eye

    Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry;
        give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit.
     From you let my vindication come;
        let your eyes see the right.

     If you try my heart, if you visit me by night,
        if you test me, you will find no wickedness in me;
        my mouth does not transgress.
     As for what others do, by the word of your lips
        I have avoided the ways of the violent.
     My steps have held fast to your paths;
        my feet have not slipped.

     I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God;
        incline your ear to me, hear my words.
     Wondrously show your steadfast love,
        O savior of those who seek refuge
        from their adversaries at your right hand.

     Guard me as the apple of the eye;
        hide me in the shadow of your wings,
     from the wicked who despoil me,
        my deadly enemies who surround me.

ELCA's daily Bible readings are chosen from "Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings," prepared by Consultation on the Common Texts, © 2005. (Link to http://www.augsburgfortress.org/store/item.asp?clsid=167977&isbn=0806649305)

All text is from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyrighted, 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches USA, and is used by permission.  All rights reserved.  (Link to http://www.ncccusa.org)

Today's Bible Reading is also available for synchronization with your PDA  (Link to http://www.elca.org/pdafeeds)